Commercial Finance Manager
Curve Digital is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as Flame in the Flood and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Digital has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2020 was a stand-out year for Curve Digital and our amazing titles, but we’ve got even bigger plans for 2021 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
We've adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we've pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on!
Reporting to CFO, the Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Provision of regular management information to support decision making within the division and to the Group board.
- Being a bridge between the business, finance and NorthEdge.
- Continuing to develop a KPI deck, which compliments Curve and Group FPA’s process.
- Working alongside the CFO with the execution and integration of acquisitions in liaison with the Group M&A team.
- Management of the Curve 3 year plan, aligning strategy with operational and commercial requirements for delivery.
- Working alongside the commercial strategy team to make sure title performance is understood, challenged and that appropriate planning assumptions are implemented.
- Working with the Curve Financial Controller to assist in some routine core finance responsibilities; building out enhanced budgeting and forecasting and financial analysis infrastructure.
- Business partnering across all titles and studios to make sure Curve is operating with up to date information and within an On Time On Budget philosophy.
- Working alongside the finance team in London, joining up the financial reporting to enhance the provision of management information.
What we want from you:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of handling large data sets, with the ability to manipulate to an advanced level on Excel.
- Excellent presentation skills via both PowerPoint and in person.
- Previous experience in creating new financial / business analysis processes, ideally in a professional services environment.
- Proven experience with data modelling within Excel.
- An individual who considers all business factors, an inquisitive mindset and passionate about continuous improvement.
What you get from us:
Curve Digital are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events (Currently hosted virtually) and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Eye test and frames reimbursement
- Ride2Work scheme
- Annual interest free season ticket loan
Want to apply for this role? Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org