Junior Commercial Analyst (12 months FTC)
2020 was a stand-out year for Curve Digital and our amazing titles, but we’ve got even bigger plans for 2021 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
We've adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we've pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Commercial Analyst to join the Commercial Strategy & Insights group on an initial fixed-term contract for 12 months. This brand-new role is a pivotal addition to the business and will be central to increasing the level of reporting, forecasting and insight support across the organization. In a typical week the candidate would be working with our data engineering team to maintain and develop our reporting capabilities, working on commercial focused insight projects, such as promotional cadence recommendations, pricing strategies, internal sales dashboards for our 1st and 3rd party titles and contributing to the forecasting of our games across PC, Console and Mobile.
Reporting to the Commercial Analyst, the Junior Commercial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Refreshing of sales reports and BI dashboards.
- Contributing to and maintaining internal data warehousing, including uploading and mapping of sales data.
- Assisting the Commercial Analyst on third party title analysis and forecasting duties.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders on commercial insights to support data-driven decision making.
- Aiding in the preparation and delivery of department presentations for internal and external parties.
This role is primarily based in Curve's London headquarters but we are currently working remotely.
What we want from you:
- Capable data user familiar with presenting and analysing datasets.
- Very high attention to detail and data input accuracy.
- Expertise within MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook).
- High level of planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Enjoys developing new systems and processes.
- A starter-finisher; sees projects through to the end and takes ownership.
- Experience in Tableau to build dashboards and reports.
- Experience using SQL to query large, structured databases.
- Previous commercial experience within the video games industry.
- Experience within financial data and accounting.
- Knowledge of and passion for the video games industry.
- Confident speaker with proactive communication skills.
What you get from us:
Curve Digital are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events (Currently hosted virtually) and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Eye test and frames reimbursement
- Ride2Work scheme
- Annual interest free season ticket loan
Want to apply for this role? Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com