Games Acquisitions Manager
Curve Digital is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes classic indie gems For The King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed experiences such as Flame in the Flood and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Digital has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
2020 has been a stand-out year for Curve Digital and our amazing titles, but we’ve got even bigger plans for 2021 and beyond, so we’re looking to grow our successful team!
We've adapted the way we work and implemented a series of wellbeing initiatives to help everyone in our team feel connected. Safe In Our World has helped us construct a mental health charter, and we've pledged our support for UKIE’s Raise the Game diversity initiative to ensure we’re striving towards an inclusive culture within the games industry.
So, if you’re looking for your next role within a company that cares for its people and want to join our friendly and hardworking team then read on!
We’re looking for a Games Acquisitions Manager to help drive Curve’s future portfolio. Along with the Publishing Director, our new Content Manager will play a hugely important part in shaping Curve’s line-up over the coming years, ensuring we entertain our army of fans worldwide. Meeting developers at trade events, maintaining a Little Black Book of the hottest game dev talent or even trawling the hidden reaches of the Internet to discover the next Human: Fall Flat – being able to spot what will make a hit years-ahead of release.
Reporting to the Publishing Director, the Games Acquisitions Manager will be responsible for:
- Being the initial point of contact for our many inbound enquires.
- Making contact with developers working on projects we think are interesting.
- Maintaining a log of games currently under consideration, populating it and compiling it with basic information.
- Performing basic due diligence ahead of initial conversations – studio background, key individuals, reputation etc.
- Continuously sweeping proactive channels (r/gaming #pitchyagame, #screenshotsaturday etc.).
- Managing the events calendar and bookings.
- Liaising with Strategic Planning to assess market opportunity.
- Evaluating builds.
- Assisting the Publishing Director in collating materials which will enable the wider commercial team to make informed decisions.
- Selling Curve as a publishing partner.
- Presenting games internally within soft and formal settings.
- Representing Curve to fellow publishers and developers (trade shows, roundtables etc).
- Helping create board level presentations to pass Inline approval.
What we want from you:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role within the video games industry (project management, business development, journalist, developer etc.)
- Our ideal candidate loves games – with an encyclopaedic knowledge of all types, platforms and genres and ideally an established network within the industry.
- A firm grasp of the type of games that sell well – knowing what’s hot on PC and console predominantly, but also having an understanding of broader gaming trends, too.
- Understanding a publishing agreement would be beneficial – and a track record in acquisitions a real bonus.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Expertise within MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills both in larger groups and one to one.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
What you get from us:
Curve Digital are always striving for excellence in what we do as a business, but also as an employer. We believe supporting our staff in a positive way, not only ensures productivity is high but encourages them to keep happy and healthy.
We achieve this through creating a friendly and inclusive work environment both in-person in our newly refurbished office and online through providing plenty of opportunities for social events (Currently hosted virtually) and offering a range of wellbeing initiatives including mental health charter, charity talks and gym membership contribution. We also offer flexible, remote working and working from home support. This in turn allows our staff to feel comfortable and to be confident in supporting one another.
Other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medicash (Health Cash Plan)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Income Protection, Critical Illness and Life Assurance Cover
- Eye test and frames reimbursement
- Ride2Work scheme
- Annual interest free season ticket loan
Want to apply for this role? Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org