VP Global Development
Curve digital is looking to appoint a VP of Global Development to manage all aspects of the game production process from initial developer due diligence to product approval and post-launch content delivery. Reporting to the Managing Director, the VP will be a fully participating member of the leadership team providing a strong development perspective to all Board and strategic company decisions. You will be responsible for managing and growing the internal production & QA team while building meaningful relationships with Curve's developers and key third-party technology partners.
- Oversee an excellent slate of gaming properties and develop them to a high industry standard ensuring timely delivery.
- Have full oversight and management on all production related budgetary matters, working closely with the finance team.
- Work closely with Curve's Publishing Director to evaluate new developers to determine development risks and produce accurate schedules, milestones and delivery timescales.
- Work with both external and internal teams to focus-test products during development to ensure that they will be well received by the target audience.
- Work with the team to maintain high levels of motivation, a positive outlook and confidence in own individual and company decisions.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior games development position, managing a team of 8+.
- A strong grasp of art, game design, technical and commercial requirements for PC and console development. Understanding of mobile is desirable.
- A good understanding of VGTR and how to maximise potential claims.
- A natural problem solver who can identify issues early and resolve them effectively, being mindful of delivery dates and budget.
- The knowledge and gravitas to oversee both small and large-scale gaming projects, reporting effectively to the Board and Management team on progress and issues.
- Existing relationships with platform owners e.g. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo & Valve and Technology providers e.g. Epic and Unity, seeking their support where necessary to help best deliver Curve's titles.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with an eye for detail and a lust for perfection. An evangelist, enthusiast and all-round gaming fanatic.
- An ability to work effectively in an environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility and cross-group responsiveness.